Tuesday 29 January 2008

Oh boy, if there was ever a reason to give up banging my head against a brick wall in the Netherlands it was given me on a platter today.
After a very short attempt at working together (the 'together' was extremely one-sided) with one of the Dutch street magazines I was told today that we have to vacate the premises in three weeks. They are moving round the corner and I was told in no uncertain terms that we are not invited to continue sharing the work space. When I told 'management' that the people who sell the street magazine love having the books there and wanted us to move with them I was told no no. I asked did you ever ask the vendors what they wanted? The reaction was more or less - well certainly not, whyever would we do that. I said - but they really want to have the books... only to hear: Well, I don't know what they'd want them for...

Reading perhaps?

I give up.

No comments: